A technology stack refers to the framework of technology services that are used to build, run and maintain a single application. Also called as technology infrastructure, solutions stack or data ecosystem, a technology stack comprises of all the languages and coding frameworks that make up a successful web application.
1. Introduction to MERN Stack
There are many technology stacks used for web and application development. One of these tech stacks is called the MERN stack. Built on four primary software components, MongoDB, ExpressJS, ReactJS and NodeJS, the MERN tech stack is a comprehensive web development framework used by developers to create high-quality websites and applications.
2. Components of MERN Stack
The four main components of the MERN stack are as follows:
- MongoDB: The database component of the MERN stack, this document-oriented language is used to store, as well as retrieve, application data.
- ExpressJS: The backend component of the MERN stack, this features a framework built over NodeJS, which makes use of NodeJS structures and functions to create the backend framework for websites and applications.
- ReactJS: The library component of the MERN stack, which is used to create UI components for the development of a user interface on a web page.
3. Advantages of MERN Stack
- Excellent UI: ReactJS stands above AngularJS when it comes to offering the best UI rendering, as well as UI performance. The extensive library of UI tools that it is, ReactJS allows programmers to build application easily by organizing code the way they want. This quickens the development speed while improving UI performance and rendering considerably.
4.Prerequisites for a MERN Stack Developer
If you want to become a MERN stack developer, here are some of the prerequisites you would require:
- Working knowledge of building web applications, including workflow, framework and architecture.
- Working knowledge of frameworks and components related to ReactJS.
- Working knowledge of MongoDB and ExpressJS.
- Basic understanding of the client and server-side processes.
- Basic understanding of motion UI.